About EAS Sarma
- Convener of Forum for Better Visakha (FBV), a civil society forum,set up in 2004.
- FBV provides a meeting ground for citizens and NGOs to interact on public policy issues and bring civil society pressure on the political executive, the government and the others in the interest of the society and for promoting good governance.
- FBV is an active campaigner for promoting Right to Information Act, 2005 as an instrument to empower the disadvantaged people of the society.
- FBV has taken up advocacy on behalf of the citizens on issues relevant to urban planning, sanitation, drinking water supply, public health, education, public safety and conservation of the environment
- FBV is also involved in exercising oversight on the electoral processes on behalf of the civil society